Soccer Injury Prevention Program
FMS™ – Functional Movement Screen
The FMS™ is a proven system for screening injury risk. The system utilizes screening tools based upon common movements to predict where weakness exists in athletes. Our therapists will be able to use this screen to then design and implement specific exercises or drills to reduce injury risk and to increase athletic performance.
Download the Soccer Injury Prevention Program Brochure
• Research shows participation in a preventative warm up routine that includes strength in areas known to be a problem, motor control, agility and balance can reduce overall injury by 30%(1).
• Research also shows Injury prevention programs can reduce overall non-contact injuries by 50% in females aged 13-18 and 40% in males 14-19 (2).
• Athletes with an FMSTM composite score at 14 or below combined with a self-reported past history of injury were at a 15 times increased risk for injury (3).
1 Donald T Kirkendall PhD, Aspetar Journal of Sport Medicine, 2014
2 Mario Bizzini and Jiri Dvorak FIFA 11+:. Br J Sports Med. 2015
3 ASSOCIATION BETWEEN THE FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN AND INJURY DEVELOPMENT IN COLLEGE ATHLETES. Michael Garrison, PT, DSc, OCS, SCS,1 Richard Westrick, PT, DSc, OCS, SCS,1 Michael R. Johnson, PT, DSc, OCS, SCS,1 and Jonathan Benenson, ScM, MSE2
Injury Prevention Group Class
- Group class will be based on individual FMS™ scores (each athlete will have their own routine).
- Hour long class will include individual warm-ups, group and partner drills, jump and movement based training techniques, agility program and proper strength training techniques.
- Last class will consist of re-testing the FMS™.
- Classes will be held at KinetaCare Physical Therapy or Team practice facility.
Individual Take Home and Team Exercises
- Each individual will receive 1-3 exercises or drills.
- These exercises will be designed to maintain injury prevention and supplement work-out routine in handout form.
- Team exercises to ensure quality movement prior to competition.
- Videos may be available.
- $1800 per team includes testing and classes OR
- $125 per individual for 8 sessions and take home exercises.
- Minimum of 10 athletes and a maximum full roster team.
- 2x a week for 1 month with FMS™ score re-evaluated on last day.